- Where does the milk come from?
- The milk comes from our farm at Chakla Village, Ormanhji ,
Ranchi. It is one of the best awarded farms of Jharkhand.
- What makes this milk so good?
Puresh milk is pure, natural, unprocessed cow milk obtained from cows raised according to best dairy methods.
That is, they are fed on a very high quality green fodder and high protein diet, their milk is obtained without contamination and the cows are not treated with any hormones.
At our farms, we ensure the milk produced retains every aspect of this definition:
- Good Breed of Cows: Our farm has indigenous( Desi) breed of cows like Sahiwal, Gir, Sindhi and Cross breed HF.
Most of cows are home raised and have been disease free.
- No artificial growth hormones: The cows are not given any hormonal injections to boost the milk yield.
- No antibiotics or steroids: The cows are not given any steroids and antibiotics (exceptional cases can be where the ailment is serious, but those cows are not milked).
- No stress on the lactating cows: The cows are free to roam, stay in clean and well-maintained surroundings, and live healthily.
- No preservatives and adulterants: The milk obtained from the cows is unadulterated and does not have any preservatives (such as formalin), which is widely used by local dairy vendors as well as branded milk.
- Chemical-free fodder: Fodder for the cows (green and dry) are obtained from the best local resources.
- Full control over quality: From fodder to milk to packaging, the entire process is controlled and monitored at the farm.
Puresh milk is Pure, Natural, chemical-free, hormone-free and preservative-free.
How can you be assured of the milk quality?
We provide sample test reports from FSSAI accredited labs on a periodic basis to give you assurance on the milk quality.
We also have a well equipped laboratory to test the milk on all adulterants and toxins on daily basis and upload the reports on our purity meter.
All subscribers are welcome to visit the farm and labs on appointment, to see the processes themselves.
- What differentiates your products from the rest of the products in the market, whether it is local dairy or the branded milk products?
Most dairies source the milk which they sell.
Poorly fed cows are milked, then the milk often lies for hours in the open and is finally transferred to cans that reach the collection centre.
Here, milk is transferred to a chilling centre, often subject to power shortages.
The milk will then make a long journey, adulteration, infection, bacterial growth to the processing tank at the dairy where it is then packaged into plastic pouches and placed in distributor cases, waiting for agents to pick them up.
Not only is the milk reaching you days later, you don't even know what you are drinking is cow milk or not.
Our control from fodder to milk to packaging to delivery is one the key factors:
- We use the best quality fodder and ensure only the milk from our healthy cows is packed and delivered to your home.
- We dont process the milk thus providing purest and freshest form of milk to our subscriber.
FSSAI and news media surveys have constantly highlighted heavy use of hormones (to increase cattle yield) and adulterants in milk across India and the problem being more rampant in India.
Our assurance with Puresh milk is to consistently ensure that these harmful substances are never present and continuously checked for in the milk.
- We dont use preservatives (Formalin), which is likely to be present in milk from local dairy vendors and big brands.
New bottle milk supplier are not FSSAI approved and freely use Formalin because they don't have any chilling units or even farmsand bring milk from distant places.
Formalin has very harmful effects on health , specially growing children.
- Why is the milk thickness inconsistent unlike the branded packaged milk?
- Puresh milk is Farm fresh raw milk. We do not do any sort of processing on the milk.
- Branded packaged milk is standardized and homogenized to ensure consistency in the milk but these processes alter the natural state of the milk.
- Our milk thickness and taste would be impacted by weather, local seasonal fodder fed to the cows and lactation cycle of our cows.
- So how does the milk reach me every day?
- After milking and filtration we instantly Chill milk to 4 deg C.
- There are no treatment/processing or addition of any type of chemicals to improve life or taste in done.
- MILK is kept at its most natural form.
- The milk is then packaged in food grade glass bottles late at night and sealed.
- It is then stored in cold room at 4 deg.
- The milk in stored in CRATES and dispatched to Ranchi main city hub at 5 am.
- At 5.30 am , the delivery boys carry the milk and milk products in black color insulated delivery bags.
- The delivery management is done using our APP so that there is no mistake in delivery.
- The delivery boy delivers the bottle at the doorstep of our customers and then Pushes the APP button to complete the billing.
- He carries back the empty bottle of yesterday which the customer hands over.
- Why do you package the milk in glass bottles?
- Glass is one of the safest materials on earth, for packaging of F&B products.
- It is non-toxic and non-reactive, as compared to other packaging materials such as plastic, which can leach into food products.
- Our brand values dont go with plastic or anti-environment materials, thus we use glass bottles for packaging.
- It is very tough for us to work with daily supplies in glass bottles, but creating high quality produce and then packaging it in plastic does not make any sense to us!
- What is the shelf life of the milk? Do I need to boil the milk?
- Since this is raw milk, we recommend boiling it within two hours of receiving it, especially during the summers.
- We recommend that the customers boil the milk before the consumption as raw milk is difficult to digest unless your system is used to it.
- After boiling, the milk can be refrigerated upto 2-3 days, as in the case of conventional milk.
- Do you sell toned milk too?
- We don't do multiple variants of milk. We sell whole milk, the fat content of which is between 3.7 to 4.3 %.
- However, whole cow milk is lighter than normal toned milk available in the market, which is primarily buffalo milk.
- Almost 40% of the fat in the milk can be extracted in the form of cream-layer/malai when you boil the milk.
- Is this A1 milk or A2 milk?
- Most of our milk has significant A2 percentage in milk as we have cross breed or pure desi cows only at our farms.
- Most milch cattle give milk which contains both A1 & A2 protein, but to what percentage, we cannot commit.
- It can be in any proportion for a given cow i.e. 50/50, 60/40, 70/30 or vice-versa and so on.
- I've had cow's milk when I was a child, and it was always yellow in colour. But the milk you supply is white. Is it really cow's milk?
- MYellow color in milk is mainly due to presence of carotenoid.
Some breeds have high amounts of it while others have low amount of carotenoid generation hence the yellow tinge in the milk can vary by breed, the food and other factors.
Presence of less yellow tinge is nothing to worry about.
It is due to the fresh seasonal diet fed to the cows.
After boiling and refrigerating the milk, you can witness that the malai/cream layer on the top is slightly yellow (you can say tinge of yellow),
If it's full-fat cow's milk, why isn't there any thick malai on it after it is boiled and cooled?
Full fat milk from cow cannot be compared with conventional brands milk, because the latter is mainly buffalo milk.
Also, in conventional brands, cream/fat is added as per percentage proportions to make different variants.
Conventional full cream brands contain 6% fat.
Cow full fat milk cannot be more than 4.5% fat because it is the natural lactating property of the cow that it's light in terms of fat, thus easy to digest.
That is why its widely known that cow milk fat is GOOD FAT
- Is your milk organic?
- Yes, it is organic, the milk we produce on our farm is free from
any external chemicals. We do not mix even a drop of water and it is
- The fodder is grown on the land which is free from pesticides,
- Is your milk pasteurised?
- No, we don't have to pasteurize our milk as we deliver our milk
within 2-3 hours of milking to the consumer's doorstep.
- Our milk is whole, raw, farm fresh and organic.
- The milk we deliver has not processed in any manner and there are
no additives or preservatives (soda, sugar), hormones like oxytocin
and chemicals like formalin which are used to preserve milk
available in the market.
- It is recommended that boil the milk within 30 minutes.
- Do you have food license?
- Yes, we have a food license from FSSAI registered under the FSS
Act, 2006 with License no. 11121001000407, refer to the website-
- How your milk is more nutritious?
- The fodder we provide to our cows like Berseem, Napier, Azola and
even various grasses that are natural and green and contains 20%
- We feed self-developed silage which is a healthy mixture of Maize,
wheat and other grains.
- We also feed our cows with carrot, turmeric, coriander(dhania), etc
which are a natural source of minerals and vitamins with more
absorption in cow's body, thus the milk produced contain 5-7%
protein as compared to 2-3% protein available in packet/pouch milk.
- Consumers are free to get the samples checked at any lab.