Milk may be a common drink of our daily diet. But not every-time the milk we take is pure; it may have urea, formalin, starch and water as
Puresh Daily in
Test for adulteration in milk can be done at home using
- Purity test: Boil milk on slow heat for 2-3 hours until it solidifies and become onerous (khoya). Rock solid, rough residue means the milk is adulterated while oily residue means it is of good quality.
- Checking for Synthetic Milk: Synthetic milk is created by combining chemicals and things like soap in natural milk. Synthetic milk can be simply known by bad taste. It feels soapy when rubbed and turns yellowish when heated.
- Water in milk: Water in milk might not be dangerous for your health however expensive for your pocket. To check, put a drop of milk on your paw or any slanted surface and let it flow down. If the milk leaves a path behind, it’s not pure else
- Starch in milk: If your vendor has added starch to milk, you’ll be able to find it by adding two tablespoons to salt (iodine) to 5 ml of milk.
Mixturewill turn blue if milk is impure else it remains intact.
- Formalin in milk: Formalin is used for preservation purposes. Since
itstransparent in colourand can preserve milk for longtime, packaged manufacturers use it for adulteration purposes. To test for formalin existence in milk, take 10 ml of milk in testtube and put 2-3 drops of sulphuric acid into it. If a blue ring seems at the highest, milk is adulterated else not.
- Urea in milk: One of the foremost common kind of adulteration in milk is mixing of urea since it doesn’t
changesthe taste and is small tough to discover. To check for urea in milk, mix half tablespoon of milk and soyabean(or arhar) powder together and shake well. After five minutes, dip litmus paper for thirty seconds and if there’s a colouramendment from red to blue it means that the milk has urea in it.
These adulterants have dangerous effects on health so please be aware
Many such milk impurity test
We at Puresh Daily, create confidence for our consumers to test the milk at home as well as at our Organic Dairy farm in any manner